Double Alpha Academy Race Master Holster Magnetic – Colour Black DAA
$248.00 – $258.00
Realizing a Dream!
We are extremely proud to present our new Race Master Competition Holster to the Practical Shooting world. Designed by Saul Kirsch, and with valuable input from Angus Hobdell, more than 30 years of top-level competition experience contributed to its design. After nearly two years in development, we can say with confidence that this is indeed the next stage in competition holster evolution. Try one, and we are sure you will agree!
We set out to develop a new holster with the following goals in mind:
• To offer the best and most advanced release system on the market
• To offer a wide range of position adjustments – and to hold those settings rock solid
• To offer both a fully locked safety feature and tension adjustment capabilities
• To allow the user to change from one gun type to another without having to buy a complete new holster
• To look sharper and cooler than any other race holster out there
We are pleased to say that the final product offers all these features and more.
Looking the Part!
The Race Master Holster is as attractive as it is functional. No expense was spared in the design and construction of this state-of-the-art product. The entire holster is CNC machined from aircraft-grade aluminum and stainless steel and hard anodized to offer a long-lasting surface finish in Black, Blue, Red, or Silver.
Patent-Pending Locking Mechanism
At the very heart of the new Race Master Holster is a brandnew innovative patent-pending locking system that offers a smooth clean release of the pistol and a solid grip on the gun when holstered.
Unlike other models which rely on a muzzle support to hold the gun steady, or short holsters which allow the gun to rock when holstered, the new Race Master holds the gun so steady, you cannot tell the pistol from the holster! And yet it draws upwards as smoothly as can be with almost no resistance at all.
The phenomenal locking is achieved by means of a unique sliding block, formed precisely around the front end of the trigger guard. This fitting is the reason for the gun’s incredible stability in the holster. As the gun is drawn, the block, which resides in an angled track, slides out to the side, smoothly releasing the trigger guard and allowing the gun to be drawn with only 6-8 mm (1/4”) of upward motion required to clear the holster.
One of the most important features of a competition holster is adjustability. Being able to position the gun just right can make the difference between a lightning-fast consistent draw or a poor failed attempt.
The Race Master Holster offers almost unlimited adjustability. And, thanks to its rugged aluminum construction and large-thread screws, when you lock the holster in your chosen position, it stays put!
Unlike other holsters, the Race Master is designed to give you access to almost all the adjustment screws while you are wearing it on your belt. Without removing your belt, you can adjust the height of the gun and the distance from your body, and even unlock the ball-socket hinge and adjust any angle of the holster. This is a huge advantage in setting up your holster just right.
Thanks to the patent-pending locking mechanism, the Race Master Holster offers you a secure lock/unlock safety lever as well as a tension adjustment turn-knob. The spring-loaded lock/unlock safety lever is conveniently positioned just below the trigger guard, enabling you to release the lock with an upward flick of your finger as you close your hand around the gun. The spring-loaded lever immediately snaps into place, either locked or unlocked, ensuring secure positioning. The large stainless steel knob rotates several turns, increasing or decreasing the weight of the draw. This gives you a wide range of possibilities, from totally resistant-free for those fast “draw-facing targets” stages to almost completely locked when you want more resistance on the draw.
Advanced Belt Attachment
The Race Master belt-hanger is sleek and modern, showing off the pattern and color of your shooting belt. But it is designed for more than looks alone. The hanger is attached to the belt by means of two spring-steel flat clasps that are screw-tightened on the inside of the shooting belt. This design prevents any separation between the inner and outer belts, ensuring that the Velcro layers firmly hold together at this crucial point. The range of tightening provided by the four screws guarantees that you can tighten and lock the holster rock steady on any 1.5” shooting belt. This design allows you to assemble your holster on your belt at the designated position without struggling to slide a tight-fitting belt-hanger the length of your belt. The lack of any bulk on the inner side makes this hanger more comfortable for extended wear than any other comparable product.
Gun Compatibility While the Race Master Holster is gun-specific, it is designed to enable you to switch from one gun to another without having to buy a complete new holster. All you have to do is change the relatively inexpensive locking-block assembly, available separately. This flexibility is also a great advantage for resellers – they no longer need to stock a range of different models, as they can simply change the locking-block assembly as needed.
CRITICAL SAFETY WARNING
Read the following instructions carefully before using this holster or Insert Block:
- Never holster a loaded firearm without first engaging its safety.
- Check periodically to ensure your safety is functioning correctly.
- Never disengage the safety of the firearm until well clear of the holster and the muzzle is pointing down range.
- Make sure you are fully familiar with the correct use, and adjustment of your DAA Holster before attempting to use it with a loaded firearm.
- Make sure that you have the correct holster/Insert model for your type of firearm.
- Do not use a holster that is unsuited to your firearm, as that could result in unreliable retention or release which could lead to a fatal accident.
- Never use a trigger shoe or a widened trigger with this holster.
- Double check that the retention and release work well, particularly if any modifications have been made to your firearm.
- Care must be taken to ensure the gun is placed properly when returned to the holster. It if it is not positioned correctly, it will not be held securely and may fall out.
- Never holster the gun quickly or with force, as that increases the chance of making contact with the trigger.
- Any adjustment or modification to the holster design may render it unsafe or cause malfunction.
- Take care that the firearm is not dislodged or knocked when holstered, particularly when the holster’s safety lever is unlocked. As this holster has no muzzle support, take care that the muzzle of the gun is not bumped upwards, as this may dislodge the gun from the holster
- Keep your fingers well clear of the trigger when holstering and drawing the firearm.
- The holster should be locked when running or jumping with a holstered gun, or you should keep your hand on the gun’s grip to prevent it accidentally falling.
- Handling a loaded firearm, and drawing it from a holster is inherently dangerous. You do so entirely at your own risk and responsibility.
- Liability is limited only to the replacement of this holster or parts thereof. No additional warranties are expressed or implied by the manufacturer or the distributors.