Double Alpha Academy Insert Block magnetic for Race Master/Alpha X DAA
$79.00 – $89.00
The NEW MAGNETIC Insert Block Assembly includes: 1. The Locking Block (gun specific) 2. The Sliding Lock, assembled (gun specific) 3. The safety lever, assembled.
This assembly does not include the stainless steel tension adjustment screw, spring and plate, which you must transfer over from your Race Master holster and use with the 2nd Insert Block Assembly.
Insert Block Replacement Instructions
Make sure your Insert Block Assembly is suited to the gun type you are using (it is marked on the front face of the block). If it is not, the holster does not function properly.
To remove the Insert Block Assembly (4), first unscrew completely the Tension Adjustment Screw (14) and remove it from the holster. It extracts with the Tension Spring (19) on it. Then, using the supplied 2.5 mm key, remove the two Insert Assembly Screws (12). Now you can slide the Insert Block Assembly (4) forward and out of the Holster Body (5). It may be a tight fit, so some wiggling may be required.
When using a second insert, you will need to use your original Tension Adjustment Screw (14), Tension Spring (19), and Pressure Plate (18). Take care not to lose these small parts in the assembly process. Position the Pressure Plate (18) as shown in the picture. This part is directional, so make sure that the round indent (dimple) is above the center hole and facing outwards. Hold the assembly horizontal (so the Pressure Plate does not slide out of position) and push the new Insert Block Assembly (4) into the Holster Body (5). Use the tip of a hex key to ensure the Pressure Plate (18) is aligned correctly so that the Tension Adjustment Screw (14) is inserted through its center hole, allowing the spring to press on top of it. Tighten the Tension Adjustment Screw (14) until it catches in the nut inserted on the opposite side of the Insert Block Assembly (4).
Replace and tighten the two Insert Assembly Screws (12) to lock the new insert into place. Using the External Activation Lever (13), slide the Insert Slide Lock (17) up and down a few times to ensure it is moving as it should. In the down position, you should be able to engage the safety lever (10).
CRITICAL SAFETY WARNING
Read the following instructions carefully before using this holster or Insert Block:
- Never holster a loaded firearm without first engaging its safety.
- Check periodically to ensure your safety is functioning correctly.
- Never disengage the safety of the firearm until well clear of the holster and the muzzle is pointing down range.
- Make sure you are fully familiar with the correct use, and adjustment of your DAA Holster before attempting to use it with a loaded firearm.
- Make sure that you have the correct holster/Insert model for your type of firearm.
- Do not use a holster that is unsuited to your firearm, as that could result in unreliable retention or release which could lead to a fatal accident.
- Never use a trigger shoe or a widened trigger with this holster.
- Double check that the retention and release work well, particularly if any modifications have been made to your firearm.
- Care must be taken to ensure the gun is placed properly when returned to the holster. It if it is not positioned correctly, it will not be held securely and may fall out.
- Never holster the gun quickly or with force, as that increases the chance of making contact with the trigger.
- Any adjustment or modification to the holster design may render it unsafe or cause malfunction.
- Take care that the firearm is not dislodged or knocked when holstered, particularly when the holster’s safety lever is unlocked. As this holster has no muzzle support, take care that the muzzle of the gun is not bumped upwards, as this may dislodge the gun from the holster
- Keep your fingers well clear of the trigger when holstering and drawing the firearm.
- The holster should be locked when running or jumping with a holstered gun, or you should keep your hand on the gun’s grip to prevent it accidentally falling.
- Handling a loaded firearm, and drawing it from a holster is inherently dangerous. You do so entirely at your own risk and responsibility.
- Liability is limited only to the replacement of this holster or parts thereof. No additional warranties are expressed or implied by the manufacturer or the distributors.